Sunday, October 03, 2004

The Secret to Happiness

The Secret to Happiness


I have a few days in Bangkok before I head for Jakarta again. Everytime I walk the streets of Bangkok, I remember why tourists like this city so much. There's a relaxed and friendly feel to the place. The ubiquitous sidewalk cafes and beer gardens make me want to grab a drink immediately. It is such a great pleasure lazing at one of these places with a Singha beer and alternate between writing in my journal and reading a book.

This trip is an easy one for me as I'm only here for a meeting. My real tough work remains in Jakarta. I'm meeting up with my old friend Randy for dinner later and maybe I'll catch the Liverpool-Chelsea match at one of these outdoor bars after that.

I'm blogging from an Internet cafe, so I'll try to be brief. On my way here by AirAsia, I was thinking of writing something about happiness today--my usual New Age rambling about pain and pleasure. After landing in Bangkok, I am immediately seized by a different mood: I no longer feel like writing about happiness because people here look so very happy--the subject is no longer relevant! So I'll spare my poor readers from my half-cooked pseudo-philosophical theories on happiness.

You see, there's no need for all that--the key to happiness is plain and simple: just point your browser to airasia.com and book the next available flight to the Land of Smiles :-)


No comments: